On the day of our Lord the 30th of January 6010, in the city of Arezzo in Italy, a number of Grand Masters and Grand Dignitaries of the following Grand Lodges:
- Gran Loggia D’Italia della Massoneria Universale (GOIF-R)
- Gran Loggia Regolare di Rito Emulation degli Antichi Massoni d’Italia (GOIF-R)
- Regular Grand Lodge of Slovenia (Velika Regularna Loza Slovenie)
- Regular Grand Lodge of Romania (Marea Loja Regulara a Romaniei)
- Grand Lodge of the Masonic High Council Of Serbia
- Gran Logia Regular York de México
- Gran Logia Regular del Estado de Guerrero (México)
- Regular Grand Lodge of Texas F&AM, presently Abraham Grand Lodge AF&AM.
- National Grand Lodge of Chile
With the attendance of M.W. Bro. Nikolaus Ehrenfried Schmidt (Germany), met in due form in order to discuss and agree on the formation of a new Masonic Body in order to promote Fraternal relationship amongst the Members of the Grand Lodges, grant the preservation of the philosophic and symbolic essence, the Traditions, Charges and Usages of the Ancient Craft of the Freemasonry, encourage the development of Regular Freemasonry worldwide, contribute to the improvement of moral and ethical approach to life of the whole society, foster Masonic Research and activities more in general including, but not limited to, charitable and philanthropic initiatives.
The above said Grand Masters finally established an agreement, named “Treaty of Arezzo”, whose wording was laid down during the assembly, following the wise thoughts of M.W. Bro Nikolaus Ehrenfired Schmidt who chaired and coordinated the whole international Masonic meeting.
This document was endorsed upon on conclusion of the assembly.
The “Treaty of Arezzo” is the foundation stone of this new Masonic Body and its content shall prevail over any future provision in the Statutes and Regulations, in case of controversy or contradiction.
The text of the “Treaty of Arezzo” clearly embodies the true spirit of this initiative that is open for joining to all Regular Grand Lodges of the world.